Farmer's Omelet Casserole
~The Ultimate Southern Living Cookbook
- 3 c. frozen cubed hashbrowns (I suppose you could use regular chopped potatoes here)
- 1 c. chopped green pepper, divided
- 1/3 c. chopped onion
- 1 T. oil
- 18 large eggs, beaten
- 2 1/3 c. chopped ham
- 1 1/4 c. chopped tomato, divided*
- 1/2 t. salt
- 1/2 t. black pepper
- 1 1/2 c. (6-oz) shredded Cheddar or Monterey Jack (I used MJ)
- Cook potato, 3/4 c. green pepper, and onion in oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat, stirring constantly, 8 minutes or until tender.
- Combine potato mixture, eggs, ham, 1 cup tomato, salt, and pepper in a large bowl; stir well. Pour mixture into a lightly greased 13x9-inch baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, at 325 degrees for 40 minutes or until golden (and center is set). Top with remaining 1/4 cup green pepper and 1/4 cup tomato. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake 5 more minutes or until cheese melts.