Anyway, we brought home some beautiful goodies from our CSA pick-up today. Here's what we have to work with:
- 2 skinny eggplants and a very cool stripey big one (these might tempt me to like eggplant ☺)
- 1 yellow squash and 1 zucchini
- 1 green bell pepper and 2 light green/chartreuse bell peppers
- 2 hot peppers (including a habanero!)
- 1 bag new potatoes
- 1 box tomatoes (including lots of yummy yellow ones--man, they make the BEST BLTs!!)
- 1 small watermelon
- 3 mini heirloom cantaloupes--Caleb threw in one for each kid; the kids can't wait to eat their melons tonight!
- 1 cucumber
- baby bell peppers and watermelons finally!
- cherry tomatoes... we're kind of sick of them...
- pumpkins starting to form (volunteers)
- lots of basil now--yum!
So, how do I use up all this stuff? I'll be posting a couple of new favorite recipes using up some of our luscious produce in the next couple of days. Sorry--no pictures. I'll never be a hot item on Pinterest since I have so few pics! Oh well--I have other priorities in life ☺