Thursday, October 4, 2012

CSA Week 19 (10/4/12)

I love living in such a beautiful part of the country--we've had truly glorious weather around here. And our growing season will continue for several more weeks! And isn't that a pretty picture? Caleb told me I was the first person who's name he remembered today; folks often remember us since twins stand out ☺.

Here's what we have:
  • 1 good-sized zucchini
  • 3 yellow squashes
  • 1 pattypan squash (hiding behind the dill)
  • 1 beautiful bunch of fresh dill (it's really too bad we can't send fragrance through cyber space)
  • 1 bunch turnip greens (need to start recipe exploring)
  • 1 bunch radishes
  • EGGPLANT (I let him talk me into keeping it this week... he and I worked out an eggplant "smuggle-it-in-under-cover" plan... I'll report)
  • 1 bag arugula
  • 1 bag spinach
  • 2 late season tomatoes (sshh... I'm not really supposed to share that last one; they were a little extra freebie)
Too tired to come up with menu possibilities.... we still have okra and bell peppers left, too, so we'll be eating lots of veggies (and salad--still have some lettuce left, too!).

No comments: