Friday, May 17, 2013

The "Bowl" Approach

I don't know about you, but sometimes it's hard to think of what to do for dinner. And sometimes, honestly, wrapping little things up in a tortilla is too much work (especially when you have little hands that CANNOT hold their burrito/taco in such a way as to keep the insides, well, inside). Or a stir-fry is just not the right "mood" but you still have lots of rice on hand....

Enter: the "bowl" approach

We've discovered several "bowls" that our whole family loves and they can be customized to suit the family member's taste/needs. My friend Megan, who blogs with me at Redeemed Reader, has been telling me for YEARS to try a Javanese dinner that's the same feel, so I'll be posting her recipe in this same line up. It's going in my try-this-soon-file for sure.

My "plan" is to post some of our favorite bowls regularly in the weeks to come. They're fantastic ways to use up bits and pieces of leftovers, odds and ends from the CSA basket, or ways to vary ingredients for picky eaters and/or food intolerances. So, look for these in the weeks to come:


While you're waiting for my recipes, have you tried this approach with your family? What's your favorite "bowl" combination?

3 comments:

Rittenhouse said...

Betsy -
I'm already enjoying your posts --- am so glad the Colvins have brought you on board to help encourage and educate the rest of us!

Looking forward to your bowl recipes! :-)

Pat

P.S. Sat with you on the hayride around the farm -- I was one of the deaf women.

Betsy said...

Hi Pat! Thanks for commenting--glad you're enjoying my humble blogging hobby :-). We had the best hayride!!

Farmers Wife said...

A BIG hello to two of my favorite online friends! Thank you for all your encouragement!

Abundant Blessings,
The Farmer's Wife
Val