Here's what we got:
- 1 bunch small red onions (aren't they cute?!)
- 2 green garlic stalks (garlic scapes)
- 3 small heads bok choy
- 3 small heads red leaf lettuce
- 1 8-ball zucchini (time for more zucchini pizzas!)
- 3 yellow summer squash
- 4 cucumbers
- 1 good-sized head cabbage
- 1 head bok choy
- 1 large 8-ball zucchini
- lots of lettuce
Last summer, when we had company, I often didn't serve CSA veggies because, with a small share, I didn't have quite enough of some things to serve a large group. That, clearly, is NOT going to be a problem this summer, and I'm delighted to be hosting a few folks on Saturday who can sample the bok choy salad with us.
And, in case you're curious, you can see what this week's share looked like last summer. Some definite overlap!