3/4 c. water
2 1/2 T. stone ground, whole grain cornmeal
2 T. natural creamy peanut butter
1/2 banana, mashed
1/2 t. honey, more or less
In microwave-safe container (I use a 2-cup Pyrex measuring cup), stir water and cornmeal together. Microwave on high one minute. Stir. Microwave on high for additional 30 second intervals, stirring after each one. It will not cook up quite as thick as cream of wheat; 2-2 1/2 minutes total cooking time should be plenty.
Stir in peanut butter. Mash the banana in a cereal bowl and pour porridge over it. Mix well. Add honey and mix well. Serve!
(I haven't tried these, but since I make cream-of-wheat weekly, I'm assuming these will work for this porridge, too)
- use cream of wheat instead of cornmeal (higher in calories, more expensive than cornmeal; not whole grain, but will be sweeter)
- use milk instead of water (the porridge is pretty thick and hearty once you add the peanut butter, so this might make it super thick)
- pour a little milk over it once cooked and stir in
- use sweetened peanut butter and/or crunchy
- use brown sugar instead of honey