Tuesday, July 28, 2009

August 2-Week Menu

Instead of labeling this with specific days, I'm now coming up with a list of 15 or so meals, each of which I'm intending to serve roughly twice during the month. I can buy the nonperishables up front, but each week's last minute calendar changes won't throw me for a loop this time around. This has a few more meals on it than 15 since I'm including this last week of July as "August." This should move me incredibly far down the path of "eat up what's in the freezer" (see my list). I'm thinking I can make use of small notebook's grocery list spread sheet for a big, overall list at the beginning of the month. Most of the meals below use things we sort of keep on hand, so it shouldn't be too difficult to tally up the nonperishables that might be "special."

  1. Chicken/Black Bean/Corn Salad in wraps
  2. Black Bean and Rice Salad with pitas, fruit
  3. Gyros with Tzatziki Sauce, fruit, crudite
  4. Pasta Salad, fruit
  5. Empanadas, corn, fruit
  6. Beef Stir-Fry, Chinese buns if we have them
  7. Red Beans and Rice with Sausage, salad or crudite
  8. Homemade Pizza/Calzones, salad or crudite or steamed green veg
  9. Pasta with Marinara Sauce, salad or crudite or steamed green veg
  10. One-Pan Chicken with Potatoes and Peppers, crudite and/or fruit
  11. Grilled Chicken Sandwiches, fruit, crudite
  12. Meatballs and sweet potato fries (and fruit)
  13. Jaozi (Chinese dumplings), rice, green veg
  14. Fish, baked potatoes, sugar snap peas
  15. Chipotle Cheddar Chicken Cakes, black beans, something green
  16. Tom Kha Gai, cucumber salad, sticky rice
  17. Kabobs, grilled flatbread, fruit

No comments: