Friday, November 5, 2010

Top 5 Preschool-Friendly Snacks

I don't know about you, but when I see lists of "healthy kid-friendly snacks" that include raw veggies with bean dip, anything rolled up, or an assortment of anything cut-up, I groan.

Currently, I have three preschoolers. When we need a snack, it's to tide us over to the next meal... a meal I want my preschoolers to be hungry for. In addition, our snacks are frequently on the run--tiding the kids over until we back home from our errands, a quick post-nap snack before heading out to play, and so forth.

Here are the top 5 full tummies preschool-friendly snacks: portable, healthy, and reasonably quick/uninvolved.

  1. sliced apples with peanut butter
  2. homemade popcorn
  3. cheese stick with mini-box of raisins (our favorite portable snack)
  4. In-the-Moment Trail Mix (a compilation of whatever's on hand: peanuts, raisins, mini marshmallows, cheerios, chocolate chips, pretzels, etc.)
  5. other seasonal fruit with or without some sort of protein complement (peanuts, peanut butter, cheese, etc.)

No comments: