And there you would be mistaken.
My neighbor, Lisa, and I are continuing our annual Lenten fast from: digital media.
(I know, right?! GASP. HOW WILL WE SURVIVE???)
For the answer to that question, and a great sum-up of why we do this, please see our very first year's recap.
The nature of my fast changes year to year slightly, mostly because I'm in school right now pursuing an information science degree and it's all online. I HAVE to be on the computer/internet regularly.
Therefore, this year's focus/rules are as follows:
- One focused email time in the morning and one in the afternoon; no more checking/responding throughout the day.
- Social media ONLY as it relates to class (I'm taking a social media class, so there is some significant activity related to class.... It does NOT include this blog, though). No Google reader. No new blog posts on anything save Literaritea (it's been my test ground for several assignments). No Pinterest browsing.
- No... gulp... online shopping.
- No internet searching. (and this ... big gulp... includes the local library's online catalog)
- No internet activities that aren't completely necessary (for instance, I'm allowed to continue banking activities but will not be searching for new advance review copies of books to read through netgalley)
See you on Easter!