Thursday, March 14, 2013

full tummies spring break

Here at the full tummies household, we are hard at work--and I do mean HARD AT WORK--on some much needed home improvement for our beloved 80-year-old house. (I'm actually typing this with oil-based-paint-covered hands...but it's a.ma.zing paint. Truly.).

I've decided to let full tummies take a bit of a spring break for a couple of weeks until I have a bit more time to spare (and until my hands aren't covered in paint!). In the meantime, feel free to explore the archives and indices. The Google search feature hasn't been working for me lately, so I apologize for that! I also apologize for my not-up-to-date indices. I need to update them all before we gear up for CSA season in May.

In case you missed my last post, I'm a virtual farmhand for the Colvins this year! We're excited about this prospect, let me tell you. There are two other virtual farmhands who have gorgeous blogs of their own: Lia and Kristina. Check them out! I've linked to Lia's post about our joint farm work since she has some great photos up of the Colvins' farm.

I've already got a recipe ready for when full tummies is back in action; it's a recipe in my favorite mental category: Farmer's Market Special. It uses LOTS of the veggies we'll be seeing in a few months, is easy to prepare, is tasty, and is healthy! Sounds like a winner to me.

Happy Spring! Get out in those gardens and get your hands dirty :-).

No comments: