Recipe from Take-Out Tonight!
- 1/2 pound ground turkey breast
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 t. chili powder
- 1 t. dried oregano
- 1/2 t. cumin
- 1 (8-oz.) can tomato sauce
- 2 T. chopped mild green chilies
- 1/3 c. shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 (8-inch) flour tortillas
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Spray a baking sheet with nonstick spray; set aside.
- Spray a medium skillet with nonstick spray; set over medium-high heat. Add the turkey, onion, garlic, chili powder, oregano, and cumin. Cook, breaking up the turkey with a wooden spoon until browned, about 6 minutes. Stir in the tomato sauce and chilies; bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer, uncovered, until the flavors are blended and the mixture thickens slightly, about 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in the cheddar.
- Meanwhile, wrap the tortillas in foil and place in the oven to warm for 10 minutes.
- Spoon about 1/2 cup of the filling into the center of each tortilla. Fold in the sides, then roll to enclose the filling. Place the chimichangas, seam-side down, on the baking sheet. Lightly spray the tops of the tortillas with nonstick spray. Bake until golden and crisp, about 20 minutes. Do not turn.