Saturday, February 6, 2010

Weekly Menu (2/1-2/7)

As usual, my rough menu plan got changed when I veered off course, got swayed by some fresh produce, and also had to plan a few truly last minute dinners. Here's what I had to work with: chicken, beef, pork, fish, and tofu all on hand; various kinds of pasta, rice, grains, flours on hand; sweet potatoes, kale, frozen spinach, carrots, celery, frozen corn, frozen mixed veggies, a GIANT box of salad mix, broccoli, apples, oranges, lemons, limes, pears, bananas; lentils and legumes of various types; mixed cheeses. I had all the produce on hand by Tuesday afternoon--a lot to go through and some strategizing about what would last the longest. And, no, my kids don't eat all that's listed. Some nights they only eat salad (even though they've eaten that same entree before...). (sigh)

Here's what I came up with:

Breakfasts:
  • Oatmeal with the usual toppings
  • Oatmeal Muffins, hard-boiled eggs, bananas
  • Doughnut holes (yea, Daddy!), scrambled eggs, Clementines
  • Sourdough Pancakes with syrup
  • Pumpkin-Craisin muffins (thanks, Lisa!), eggs and fruit
  • Carrot-Apple-Orange muffins, eggs, bacon, bananas
(lots of muffins this week--I had a baby shower on Saturday that I had to take muffins to, so I just made extra!)

Dinners:
  • hot dogs and steamed veggies (just had arrived home from my in-laws')
  • Spaghetti with Butter and Parmesan (plus some frozen peas thrown in); baked sweet potatoes
  • Black Bean Soup, sourdough rolls, salad
  • Moroccan Chicken, polenta, salad
  • Noodles with Beef and Broccoli, Chocolate Chip Cookies
  • Homemade Pizza ("greens and garlic" a la Moosewood Cooks At Home and a traditional "meats" pizza)
  • Mardi Gras Party! (Cajun goodness to eat!!!)

No comments: