Note: I used chocolate chips and butterscotch chips in mine because I didn't have any M&M's. I think seasonally colored M&M's would make this is a great holiday snack for any holiday (Easter, Thanksgiving, Christmas, etc.).
~From back of Life cereal box
- 4 c. Life cereal, any flavor (1 regular--smallish box is enough for 2 batches)
- 1 c. small pretzel sticks
- 1 c. peanuts, optional
- 1/4 c. butter
- 3 T. brown sugar
- 1 c. raisins
- 1 c. M&M's, any color (or sub in chocolate chips)
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
- Mix cereal, pretzels, and peanuts, if using, in large pan (I used the bottom drip pan of my broiler pan for a double batch; a large roasting pan would also work).
- In a small saucepan, bring to a boil the butter and sugar. Drizzle over cereal mix. Toss lightly to mix thoroughly.
- Bake at 250 degrees for about an hour, stirring every 15 minutes.
- Add raisins and let cereal mix cool.
- When completely cool, add chocolate pieces--whatever you happen to be using.