In the meantime, here's this week's lineup.
- 2 HUGE and BEAUTIFUL heads of buttercrunch lettuce, one red and one green (the red one was an extra freebie--thanks, Colvins!!)
- an assortment of summer squash (8-ball zucchini, some yellow crooknecks, and a couple of pattypans)
- bag of spinach
- a bulb of "green" garlic (fresh, basically)
- a box of strawberries
- a nice, large head of cabbage
- cucumber seedlings died (sigh)
- basil planted (finally--and it's hanging in there despite the heat this week)
- some more assorted small plants waiting to find their permanent home in our raised bed (watermelons!, bell peppers, jalapeno, and... I think something else, but can't remember)
- tomato volunteers from last year are now 3 + feet high AND some have started to bear fruit!! The type is still a mystery, but I'm betting one of them is a cherry given the tiny size of the green tomatoes.
- um, salad!
- pasta, pesto, and summer squash (summer squash goes GREAT with pesto)
- omelets with some of that spinach
- roasted/grilled squash
- Quick Creamed Cabbage
- I need some more cabbage ideas! (I really like cabbage, but I stand alone on this one... Maybe some Easy Bierrocks or a Sausage/Onion/Cabbage crockpot dish...I also really like cabbage in stir-fries)