- 2 huge sweet potatoes!!
- 1 bunch of turnips with greens (so, two veggies in one here)
- 1 small box greenish/red Romas--we'll let them sit out for a few days
- 3 bell peppers
- 1 bag hot peppers
- 1 nice-sized head lettuce
- 1 bunch dill
We've been enjoying our emeals dinner subscriptions, but we're going to take a couple of weeks off (unless I already have the ingredients on hand). I'll just print like usual and use them in a couple of weeks.
So, what types of food will we be eating? Probably some of the following. Looks like we'll be in good shape even if we'll have a bare freezer/pantry in a few weeks ☺.
- Sunday Pork Loin (and leftovers are GREAT in Pork and Noodles)
- Easy Pulled Pork (and leftovers freeze well!)
- Braised Turnips (these go well mixed into mashed potatoes)
- Mixed Greens Saute (only I'll just use turnip greens)
- Simple Mashed Sweet Potatoes
- Summer Squash, Sweet Pepper, and Polenta Casserole (dinner tonight! probably our last round until next year)
- Curried Lentils and Potatoes (last time I made this, even the kids liked it... we'll see)
- Tray-Baked Chicken (I have extra sweet potatoes in the pantry--only need the cream!)
- Time for some chili, too.... black bean, regular red, or maybe even white