Chicken Curry with Zucchini
~from coconut milk can!
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into bite-size pieces
- 2 T. curry powder (yes--2 tablespoons)
- 1/4 t. cinnamon
- 2 T. olive oil
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 2 medium zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 c. chicken broth (about 1 can)
- 1 1/2 c. lite coconut milk (about 1 can)
- 1 t. salt
- 1/4 t. pepper
- 1/2 c. fresh basil leaves, torn
- 1/4 c. chopped almonds (we didn't use)
- cooked white (or brown) rice
- Combine chicken with curry powder and cinnamon in a bowl. Set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in skillet over medium-medium high heat. Cook onion and zucchini until crisp-tender (about 4-5 minutes). Remove from skillet.
- Heat remaining oil in skillet and cook chicken until browned, about 5 minutes. Add broth, coconut milk, salt and pepper, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until chicken is cooked through (about 5-7 minutes). Add zucchini mixture back in for last minute or so to heat through.
- Serve over rice and sprinkle with basil (and almonds, if using).