Sunday, October 14, 2012

CSA Week 20 (10/11/12)

Greens take up a lot of space! I had to move my collection of goodies to a different surface in order to get all within one frame. At any rate, here is our "haul" from this week:
  • 1 bag arugula
  • 2 nice heads lettuce (one was an extra freebie...thanks, Caleb!)
  • assorted bunches of greens (collards, daikon radish tops)
  • bunch of kohlrabi (those funky purple veggies; their greens are edible, too)
  • summer squash (yellow and an 8-ball zucchini)
  • bag cayennes plus two giant cayennes
  • 3 bell peppers (2 green and 1 huge red)
  • 2 small green tomatoes
  • 1 daikon radish
  • 1 bunch basil

Our own garden is giving us bell peppers steadily now, too. We also had a predicted frost (don't know if it actually happened or not), so I harvested all of my basil. I have an ENORMOUS bowl full of it awaiting its destined pesto fame. And, even if it's just for the birds, my cherry tomatoes are STILL producing their beautiful little globes.

No comments: