Recipe from Cowboy Showcase
- 1 c. active sourdough starter*
- 2 T. cooking oil
- 1 egg
- 2 T. sugar (can use brown)
- 3/4 c. flour
- 1 t. baking soda
- 1/4 t. salt
- Stir oil and starter together in a medium bowl. Beat egg; add sugar and egg to starter mixture and stir well. Stir in flour. If it looks too thick, add some water (it depends on your starter). Conversely, if you think it too thin, add some flour. It should be roughly the consistency of regular pancake batter.
- Mix soda and salt with a small amount of water and quickly stir into batter. Let batter stand a few minutes (get the rest of your breakfast ready). It should rise and foam a bit in the bowl.
- Cook pancakes on a buttered griddle like you would regular pancakes.
Makes 12-15 (4-inch) pancakes.