Friday, December 7, 2012

full tummies: Christmas edition

In the spirit of simplifying, spending more time with my family, and enjoying this Christmas season, I'm taking a bit of time off from the ol' blog!

But wait! I'm not leaving you faithful few readers high and dry. Below are links to some favorite holiday goodies here on full tummies--many of which I'll be making myself in the coming days and weeks. So feel free to browse around and try something new. You might also browse through the recipes tagged "Holiday" for more of our family favorites. Every year I make a Jesus Birthday Cake for Christmas Day; the type of cake varies, but this year I'm actually making one that's already here on full tummies: Chocolate Ice Box Cake. (And hopefully I'll remember to take a picture of it!)

No time to bake goodies for everyone you know? You might consider some of the following storebought treats to have out at your Christmas party or to wrap up with a bow for that faithful Sunday School teacher. Remember: presentation is everything: arrange a few cookies and nuts on a plate, bring along some hot cider, and surprise a school teacher mid-morning (this is what I did for my kids' teachers right before Thanksgiving--it was a big hit!). Use your own special china for displaying storebought cookies and toss that tell tale box! Particularly tasty options which won't break your bank:
  • Trader Joe's Sipping Chocolate, Peppermint Hot Chocolate, Spiced Cider
  • Aldi Choceur Chocolate Truffles (YUM!)
  • Aldi Choceur Chocolate in general
  • Aldi or Trader Joe's Speculatius cookies
  • Gingersnaps--always a hit!
Easy desserts/snacks here on full tummies:
(Check out the entire Desserts index!)

1 comment:

Megan said...

Ah, Aldi's chocolate...I'm partial to their Moser Roth, and stocked up on a baker's dozen bars on our way home from the Midwest since the nearest Aldi's here is an hour away and we don't have a Trader Joe's. Enjoy them for me!