Monday, August 2, 2010

August 2-week Menu

Since August has already begun (crazy!!), here's my two-week menu for the month (see here for more info). I'll pick out a specific quiche recipe, specific calzone filling, specific fish recipe, and so forth as the time draws near. But this gives me an overall strategy, narrows my options, and works around our schedule.

Week 1:
Monday: Moroccan Chicken, polenta or potatoes, green veggie
Tuesday: Deli sandwiches, pickles, fresh veggies
Wednesday: Cobb Salad and bread*
Thursday: Quiche, rolls, fruit or green salad**
Friday: Fish, potatoes, green veggie or salad
Saturday: Calzones, fruit or salad
Sunday: Quesadillas for lunch; Pasta for dinner

Week 2:
Monday: Herb-Roasted Chicken, potatoes, green veggie
Tuesday: Chicken Salad sandwiches, fresh veggies
Wednesday: main dish salad*
Thursday: Pork Chops, sweet potatoes, green veggie
Friday: Fish, rice pilaf, peas
Saturday: Fajitas
Sunday: leftovers for lunch; Pasta Carbonara for dinner

*We go to church 2 Wed. nights a month, so I don't need much for this night
**Did you know you can freeze quiche! I'll also be freezing a batch of calzones.

No comments: